.


Monday, January 3, 2011

It's Always Something At The Library


Dear Laney,

Today, we went into town to get some groceries at Costco and to check out some new books from the library.

We waited at the Information Desk to see if the librarian could point us in the direction of more look-and-find books like Where's The Fish, and while we were waiting, this kooky man in line behind us started telling us that the laptops at the library aren't worth stealing, because they don't have enough RAM, and if you're going to hitchhike at night, you should take a flashlight to help wave down the cars. You should ignore all of this, because 1) That man was nuttier than squirrel poop, and 2) If you ever so much as think about hitchhiking, I will snatch you bald-headed, which makes that flashlight a non-issue.

When we stepped up to the check-out machine, you climbed the stool just like you do at home and right as I scanned my card, you punched the button on the screen that requested we proceed in Russian.


Lucky for me, I have checked out books so often at the library that I can also do it using only the cyrillic alphabet.

So there.

Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment